Starlink’s strategy has been to focus exclusively on its’ core competence which is marketing of agricultural produce, mainly Cocoa beans & Cashew nuts targeting the top end of Local & International markets. We are located in every cocoa producing area in Nigeria, this has given us a niche among our pairs. We have an all-round yearly supply of cocoa with high quality in respective of season or weather with an annual tonnage of 20,000 – 25,000 tons of cocoa of which 15,000 – 17,000 tons are main crop.
Early-Crop – Between ….. and …….
- § Bean Count : 260 grams / 300 beans
- § Total Defect : 4% max
- § Moisture : 9% max
- § Slaty : 6% max
- § Impurities : 1% Max
Mid-Crop – Between ….. and …….
- Bean Count : 280 grams / 300 beans
- Total Defect : 8% max
- Moisture : 9% max
- Slaty : 4% max
- Impurities : 1% Max
Main-Crop – Between September and March
- Bean Count : 300 grams / 300 beans
- Total Defect : 5% max
- Moisture : 7.5% max
- Slaty : 4% max
- Impurities : 0.5% Max
Logistical Assets for Movement of cocoa
We own 22 small trucks that are used to bring cocoa out from villages to collation centres.
We own 15 trailers to carry cocoa directly from our warehouse and onto port warehouses and Lagos ports.
We welcome any nominated independent inspectorates as preferred by our buyers, such as, SGS, Bureau Veritas, et al.
Our Delivery Terms
- § FOB | upon independent inspection at our or that of buyer(s) chosen warehouse(s).
- § CFR | upon independent inspection at our or that of buyer(s) chosen warehouse(s).
- § CIF | upon independent inspection at our or that of buyer(s) chosen warehouse(s).
Our Payment Terms
- § 100% Against Warehouse Warrant.
- § 100% Payment against documents on quality and quantity.
- § 100% by Confirmed Letter of Credit from a first class bank, payable 98/2%.
Our Pricing Structure
- § Differential to LIFFE Market in London as per the relevant trading month.
- § Outright price in USD.
At the warehouse the intervening inspectorate, such as SGS or buyers’ appointed representatives are free to inspect the quality of the agreed lot.
Upon a satisfactory report and approval, we proceed to stuffing as per buyer’s instructions or an inspectorate – if applicable.
Our warehouses in Lagos are those of Libra Circle and Sigma Imprex, Churchgate Compound, Isolo, Lagos. However, we are happy to use our buyers’ warehouses by mutual agreement, but cost of moving cocoa to buyers’ nominated warehouses would be for the buyers’ account.
- § Stuffing cost at our warehouse is our cost.
- § Stuffing cost at a nominated warehouse is our cost, but we need to know and mutually agree prior on the cost, as this may depend on whom our buyers’ chose to employ.
- § Forwarding cost in either option is ours, but should our buyer(s) use own forwarder, we would need prior knowledge and the prevailing market situation prior on the charges, in case buyer(s) forwarder’s cost differ significantly from ours.
Buyers’ point of ownership/responsibility/playability: upon stuffing of the cargo and sealing of the containers. As from this point onwards, we are no longer in control.